Holiday Season leaves bed bugs behind
New Ways to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
There are constantly changing new forms of technology emerging in the fight against bed bugs, bed mites, pathogens, bacteria, and other microscopic organisms, pests, and creatures of the night that seem to come out at night after you fall asleep in your bedroom. Scientists are hailing a new bed mattress in the UK as being the first bedroom invention that can solve problems for sleepless nights and hospitals alike.
The anti bed bug mattress is said to look a lot like noodles, and this revolutionary design deviates from traditional foam mattresses because it does not absorb moisture that breeds bacteria. Another plus is that you can literally give your bed a shower to keep it clean, unlike old school beds.
A regular mattress can hold up to 10 lbs in dead skin. Scary! That’s a big attractant for bed bugs too, because bed bugs tend to be attracted to all things human- smells, carbon dioxide exhaled at night, and likely also the frequency that humans emit which insects can pick up through their antennae.
Other strategies for effective bed bug elimination
One of our YouTube viewers writes:
The easiest way to get rid of bedbugs:
1. They will never be 2 meters aware from your body at night. (If they attack at day they are attraction to carbon dioxide )
2. Get a STEAM CLEANER ( A GOOD BRAND ONE ) $70-$100 Shark.
3. You can get rid of bed bugs in 2 weeks.
4. Lift up your bed, Take it out of its CHASSIS, Go buy a PLASTIC COVER over your BED MATRESSES.
5. I didn’t even use bed bug spray.
6. I actually as a friend stayed over at a few weeks in friends homes (4), and eradicated bed bugs (FREELY)
7. Now that your bed is Out of the Boxsprings.
8. Understand bed bugs are so THIN as a BABY, you can’t even SEE it at birth. Its like a little grain of sand.
9. Take your steam cleaner, and take your time going down the entire board / every ANGLE
10. Steam all spots for 10 seconds, every damn INCH, do NOT SKIP THIS POINT.
11. IF YOU PASS 10. Guess what? You will take another 1-3 days every lazy 10 skip.
I eradicated 4 homes, you need to do this twice a day. When you wake up (EARLY 2 hours) and before you go to BED (2)
Sorry it takes TIME to kill them.
Don’t be lazy! Do this room per room. Now this is when you use DE to kill bed bugs: https://www.defensive-end.com/get-rid-of-bed-bugs-forever.html
Place it around, your beds LEGGINGS, do not use the Aircondition. This makes you feel like, your losing breath.
With pets. Be careful. It dries out your hands, quickly. Place it on the floor of your bedroom doors infested. They will search for carbon dioxide in a WHOLE HOME. Switch bedroom to sleep in, they need to EAT your blood NIGHTLY. They grow ever time they feast on your blood. They become very noticing. But a STEAM CLEANER KILLS them in 10 seconds.?
Bed Bug Prevention
The best way to prevent bed bugs is to simply tidy up, vacuum your bed down, wash your linens and sheets regularly, and avoid known spaces that harbor bedbugs. If you suspect they may be in your clothes, you can put them into a large plastic trash bag with some DE and then shake the bags rigorously.
Wash your clothes thoroughly and dry them on very high heat for 30 minutes. This kills all bed bugs and their eggs. Save your money! The costs of a bedbug exterminator can reach into the thousands of dollars for a single family home.